From time to time the quantity of and item shown in the 'Available' on the Inventory List in NumberCruncher may be different that the 'On Hand' column on the item list in QuickBooks. This is what we called 'timing differences' which are due to:
1. Receivers/Vendor Returns not yet in QuickBooks.
2. Ship Docs/Customer Returns not yet in QuickBooks.
3. Quantities in locations designated as unavailable.
4. Components 'In Production'.
5. Adjustments not yet in QuickBooks.
To view the timing differences.
Reports--> Inventory Tracking - Inventory Reconciliation Detail
There also may be a difference if you transact on inventory directly in QuickBooks that is you create an invoice, bill or adjustment in QuickBooks directly. These are called permanent differences. To see which items are in this state do
Reports--> Inventory Tracking - Inventory Reconciliation Summary.
To view details of transactions in All Orders so you can compare them to QuickBooks use:
Reports--> Inventory Tracking - Inventory Movement Details.